£ 1

Average cost per click across the period of advertising.

1 %

Increase in average click-through rate to the website.


Leads generated through Facebook advertising.

The Challenge

Imperial Grass has been providing artificial grass for residential and business communities for over 15 years. Providing a low-maintenance, cleaner alternative to real grass, Imperial Grass make its artificial turf in the Netherlands using the latest eco-technology. 

Having previously used other agencies for their advertising, Imperial Grass wanted to increase its number of leads, improve the quality of leads and have more accurate tracking of the campaign performance. Previous agencies had only delivered a few leads per month, which were not highly qualified. As a result, our initial objective was to attract quality leads and track the results accurately so we could utilise the data to our advantage to avoid any wasted ad spend.

Some initial challenges we identified were: 

  • Increasing the overall volume of leads to increase profitability.
  • The business wanted to improve the quality of the leads they were capturing.
  • Accurately tracking where lead generation from paid advertising to understand campaign performance.
  • The website needed a targeting landing page to increase the on-site conversion rate.


    When Imperial Grass approached us, we quickly identified that Facebook advertising would be the most effective platform to meet their business objectives. The Facebook ads platform would allow us to use visual before and afters to demonstrate the effectiveness of the product and Facebook’s advanced targeting capabilities would allow us to reach their ideal audience.

    Our initial goal was to generate as many high-quality leads as possible for the summer months while demand for artificial grass was at its seasonal peak. To achieve this, we needed to improve the user experience when they landed on the site by creating a personalised landing page.  

    To start building our Facebook advertising campaigns, we began creating an audience hypothesis of five different audiences and started off manually changing the budget to test which audience generated the best results. We found that the two audiences that generated the most leads were ‘Garden’ & ‘Design’ – each generating 6-8 leads within the first month.

    Having tested our audiences, we turned off the other ad sets which weren’t as successful so our social media advertising budget could be put behind the most effective audiences. However, as we continued to test our ad sets, we noticed that the ‘Design’ audience was the highest lead generator. As a result, we moved the majority of the budget towards this winning ad set, generating 23 leads in total that month.

    To find the most effective ad, we began testing different versions of our creative, using both image and video content. We tested both carousel and single image formats and found the single image format ad to be the winner of this test. This allowed us to improve performance by focusing on our best-performing creative. 

    Another challenge was reducing the cost per lead to create a greater return on our ad spend. To improve the CPL, we implemented the Conversions API so we could create a lookalike audience to generate more leads. This campaign allowed us to find more users beyond the interest-focused ‘design’ audience and allowed us to create a large enough cold audience to begin to plan a retargeting campaign, for which we are currently in the stage of gathering data.

    The Results

    Across the period of advertising, we were able to: